Thursday, June 23, 2011

IMKorea

Its been a little while since I've been on here. Once again its work and training getting in the way. How has my training gone for IMKorea? Thats a good question, the answer would pretty good to be honest. I've struggled to get my weight down to the weight that I wanted to and the same weight that I was in Abu Dhabi. I've come around to accepting that this might be a good thing, as I think its stopped me from getting ill and other infections over the last months. I defo want to get down further for next year.

On this coming Tuesday I fly out to Korea. had a little drama as my flights with Air China were cancelled, slight panic until Sarah sorted it and got me some flights with Korean airways. Phew! I've been training for this Ironman as if I was racing a 70.3 less miles, but more intensive. I've enjoyed it, but its been hard as its just got hotter and hotter out here in the desert. Im really looking forward to smashing it in Korea, but Im looking to race this one very different to races Ive done in the past. Firstly, Im going to smash the swim as hard as I can, its not going to kill or ruin my race and in training all my times are pointing towards a 57mins swim, so thats it Im looking to go for it. The bike...Im going to ease this one, less power as I dont want to kill the legs. So Im looking to go around 5.10/15, then onto the run where I am looking to go around at 5.15/30mpkm pace for the full mara. That would bring me in just over the 10hours mark which isnt my fastest but should hopefully get me to kona.

Cheers for now, be safe.

Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment