Monday, February 22, 2010

3 weeks till China and the unofficial UAE Championships

Not long now and I have to report it's been a great 3 weeks of training since I last reported. Some the sessions I've been hitting have just been building my confidence further and further. Last week I hit 95kms on the bike in 2hours 30mins and then kicked out 20kms on 4.30mins per km. I was loving in the heat of the day. From next Sunday I will be on official tamper mode, which I'm not too sure how I feel about it. Another journey will be coming to an end, but then another door will open for me.

The foot is still sore, but I got some new trainers last weeks and that has made a world of difference. However, I must report that I didn't that part in RAK Half marathon last weekend. I just really didn't want to risk the foot for China, so I hit a big bike session instead.

This coming weekend is the unofficial UAE Sprint Triathlon Championship at the Golden Tulip Hotel near Ghantoot, Abu Dhabi. It's a 600m swim, 26km bike and to finish a 6km run - I'm looking for about 1 hour 7mins(ish). This should be good fun, but some reason I don't now if it's because I want to do well for the team, my coach, for Sarah, for myself, but I am feeling nervous and I know if I swim well and I'm looked after by the team during it, then ride strong (as I know I can) and then run well (which I have been), I should do well and I'll be happy if I'm top 5 age grouper. I'm told Faris Al Sultan is racing with his team Abu Dhabi, so it'll be interesting to see how strong those guys are.

As for China, Sarah and I are in the process of getting our Visas sorted this week, as we are on half term this week. I've also order some kit back in the UK to my mates house who I work and he's gone home of the hol, so hopefully he should get the new lens (I scratched my jawbone lens!), new tubs and other bits and bobs for China.

Right, thats it for now. I'll report in after the weekend to let you know how the race goes on Friday. Fingers crossed, it'll be odd going to race without Jack mind to keep Sarah company :-(

Train safe,

Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment