Tuesday, February 2, 2010

6 weeks and counting!


It's only 6 weeks till we make our war to China to race. I am really looking forward to traveling, but we've got bits and bobs to do before we leave, visas, a couple of 180km rides etc! It will fly by and soon the race will be upon us and I'll be stood on the start line - pooing my pants (again). I scored sponsorship with Blue Seventy again this year, once again I am soooo happy to work with this company they simply are the best and I'm so saying that as they are flowing me kit, they really do make the best product on the market for wetsuits etc.

Thanks to Blue Seventy, Guy and Naomi.

Up date on the foot injury - still quite poor but I am just trying to run through the pain to be honest. My plan for this month is not as hard or should I say intense as I thought it would be honest, but the sessions are more about quality. My coach is hoping to keep me fresh and ready for battle in China. An interesting note was that last week I eat a load of crap to you the truth - pizza hut. If I'm honest my training was crap too and I really struggled with motivation. To give you an example of this I struggled to put a ride together pushing an average of 34kmph, where I can normally hit 36/7kpmh! It just showed my how important the fuel that I put into my body is. Equally, things have been full on at work, what with inspections (which was ok) and sports days coming up, its all a little serious and while I'm not afraid of hard work (I do Ironman for goodness shake!), I equally like to work with a smile on my face and for the past couple weeks this hasn't been the case. It's just not me, I don't like it.

This weekend I've got a time trail of 100km bike and then a 10km run. Coach wants me to hit 40kmph (2hr 30mins) on the bike and then a 43min run*. I think I'll be more happy with a 2hr 45min bike and a sub 40min run.

We'll see, I'll keep you posted.

Right, I'm going to slope off to bed to catch soon shut eye. I promise I'll put some new photos up soon too

Train safe, as always.

Ed

*Update, yea I killed the session, 80kms in 1hour 57mins and 12km in 44mins - sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment