Sunday, June 7, 2009

I can't get no sleep - Faithless


Well, it's past midnight and I'm really struggling to get any sleep. I'm tired, but for some reason whether it's work on my mind, tapering or whatever I am really struggling to get some sleep, so I thought I'd add an entry into my blog.

A week today I will have raced at Wimbleball in the Ironman UK 70.3 in Exmoor. I'm starting to get quite excited about it now and I'm really looking forward to it. Mainly, I think as it's a good bench mark to see how far I've come (or not) over the past year in my training. This last week has been a little odd, due to the cut in training from tapering, which is probably the reason why I'm not sleeping also. The bike has come back from Ian and it's now not making music from the seat area, however the wheel is still with him and hopefully that'll be sorted over the next day or so, if not then I think I'll just use the training wheels at the weekend.

I have recently been looking at the Planet X bikes - the Stealth Pro in fact. It seems amazing value and I am very tempted to buy one for racing to tell you the truth in Prague at the European Champs in August. I think it would be a great investment, as would another road/sportif bike. Which due to the cost of each of them I could get for the cost of the Felt DA, which I was interested in, so it might make good sense really.

Blue Seventy sent some more stuff through last week and I've been really impressed with the goggles I've been using from them. They are really comfortable and hopefully they should flow the new Helix wetsuit through to me ready for next Sunday. If not then I will have to use the older one, which is no big stress to be honest.

I went on great ride with my mate Paul this morning, out to Glastonbury, we stopped for coffee and then came back. The weather was great, right up until I got home then the heavens opened. I didn't do much for the rest for the day, a couple of reports for school etc all a tad boring to be honest. Well for the rest of the week it's all taper, taper, taper - not much else to be honest, a bit boring. I'm not a great fan of it, ever though I know it has to been done. You go through loads of different feelings when tapering from feeling fat to worrying that you've not done enough training, but then you great up on race morning, feeling great and ready to rumble.

Here's to tapering madness :-$

Enjoy your sleep, I wish I could get some.

Ed  

No comments:

Post a Comment