Thursday, June 11, 2009

Not long to go now.


I've got about 3 days to go till race day. I hate tapering, I always feel like I am standing still, not getting better, not getting worst, well actually I do feel like I'll getting worse, but I know in the great scheme of things I have to taper, but it doesn't mean I enjoy it. 

I just want to get on with it now. My race wheel still isn't back from the doctor so I'm pretty much sold on the idea that I'm going to be racing on my training on Sunday, which is a shame, as the same thing happened last year. I'm hoping to go around the 5 hour mark, but I just don't know really. I don't think I have training hard enough at race pace and at the right length of workouts due mainly to time issues from work.

We are going to travel down on Saturday morning get the bags and bike racked then go for wonder around the small expo they have there, have some food and chillax with friends at the camp site. Sarah, Jack and I are looking forward to the break from school, last year we had a great time and it was just superb hanging out with like minded people. 

Then I'll have a week off training, enjoy Sarah's and mine birthday a week today. Then it's back into training for the European Long Distance Champs in Prague in August. I'm not too sure how I feel about training for a long distance event again. It's a lot of hard work and time, but it is worth it? Mmmm yes I think so! 

Anyhoo, one thing I am really looking forward to using my new BLUE SEVENTY HELIX wetsuit which was sent over from the states for me. I got it yesterday, I haven't worn it yet, but I think I will this evening for a quick session in the pool just to get the arms going.

Not long to go now till Sunday 7.00am.......

Cheers 

Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment