Friday, May 22, 2009

Handing out the prizes!!!






Well today was a funny one. It was half term for the school I work in, but more than that I was asked by my best mate to give out the prizes at his school sports day - Salisbury Cathedal School. It was great, it always amazes me how much effort the children put into performing during such events. If I remember back to when I was a kid I loved those days, the competition, the racing everything about it was tops. I love the ones who really aren't going to win anything yet they still turn up and try their hardest, it's really inspiring, I love it. 

However the best news was that during the day I was approached about a possible sponsorship with a large international company and also some of my Blue Seventy stuff arrived, Tees, Hoodies and loads of goggles, I mean loads of them - ah, it was like Christmas, thank you!

So I'm now on half term holiday and I've got the Tour of Wessex starting tomorrow morning. I'm really looking forward to it. 320 miles and it's great training ready for Ironman UK 70.3 and the European Long Distance Championships in Prague this summer. I'm going to ride there and get in either a run or a swim each evening afterwards. What's also cool about the weekend is that during the course of it, I'm going to get some riding in with friends who are doing the odd day throughout. I'll take some photos and post them over the weekend.

Train safe.

Ed    

No comments:

Post a Comment