Saturday, May 16, 2009

Taunton Sprint Triathlon 2009



Tomorrow is my second triathlon race of 2009. I raced earlier in the year in the Mad March Sprint Tri (250m swim, 10mile bike and a 3mile run) which I won. I have also taken part in a half marathon (1hour 22minutes) and a 10km (37minutes), so I'm looking forward to getting out and going as hard as I can.

The weather forecast is pretty poor to be honest - 70% chance of rain and winds of up to 25mph, so it might work into may hands, but the proof will be in the pudding come tomorrow afternoon around 1.40pmish. My start time is 12.40pm which is one of the quicker starts. In my wave are Alan Ward from North Devon Tri (he's pretty handy) and the 'world famous' Joe Beer of www.jbst.co.uk (he's won a couple of years ago), along with other strong racers from the South West. 

I'm hoping for a top 5 finish after finish 8th last year, hopefully there'll just be improvement to show I'm moving in the right direction. There's also there's loads of guys from my club racing, so it should be a great laugh - go Wizards!

The bike's packed and as is all my race gear with my sponsors kit etc, so it's game on tampon! It's a great race, super atmosphere and very slick, fingers crossed I can a good race.  

No comments:

Post a Comment