Sunday, May 17, 2009

A win's a win!



Taunton Deane Sprint Tri - 400m Swim, 22km Bike & a 5km Run

Well, what can I say, the conditions today were pretty poor to tell the truth, windy and very, very rainy. Still Sarah, Jack and I got to Wellington for the Taunton Deane Sprint Triathlon a little late due to my poor directions on the way there - sorry! After getting my race number sorted etc I then popped my bike into transition and made my way to the pool after after a wet warm up in the gym, while watching all the big guns get themselves sorted in the leisure centre gym (why didn't I get to go in there?). The swim was pretty chilled to be honest, the water was really salty and I took it steady coming out of the pool around 5 minuntes 50. I know I can go faster, but I just wanted it in the bag at this stage. 

Out onto the bike after a quickish T1 (i could be so much faster in all transitions, but I do seem to relax - why?). It was wet and windy. I didn't really like the corners and had to slow on many of them due to it being quite a techy course, however I finished around 35 minutes(ish) and then went straight out onto the run. 

The run was great and while I felt like I pushed it, I still felt that I held something back just in case, my overall time was around 18 minutes, so there's defo something more to give.

I ended up with a finishing time of 1hour 1minute and 53seconds, bagging the win by around 2 minutes I believe!!!!

Unbelievable, but I am now the Taunton Deane Sprint Triathlon Champion 2009, bonkers  - it sits quite nicely thank you on my shoulders. Enough celebrating and back to training now, however I might just spend my winnings on a Blue Seventy Zero +3 Speed Speed Suit - nice.

Be Safe and well done to all took part today esp the guys from Wessex Wizards, you rock!

Ed   

No comments:

Post a Comment