Friday, August 27, 2010

Back in the sand pit.

Yesterday, Sarah and I arrived back in Dubai after a great summer traveling around and seeing family and friends. We spent so much time with Jack, it was great and we loved every minute. The flight was an overnighter, it was good on the whole, but you never really feel great after 12 odd hours of traveling and we didn't get much sleep on the plane. All our bags (and the bike!) arrived fine, even though we had loads more stuff than we flew back to the UK with. So much so, that we had to pay £90 extra for the extra luggage in London, whoops! One of the best things about being back in Dubai is the weather I mean the weather on the way to Heathrow was awful rain, rain, we won't be seeing that for another 4months!

This morning, while I was still knackered, I met up with some of the guys from the team and rode for 100km with Wolfies Friday ride and then we ran for an easy 4km afterwards. It was great to see them all, but I struggled in the heat and I could tell that I'd been in Europe for the summer. Still I'm sure that its not going to take too long to get up scratch.



The picture above is Clint and Janey's tortoise. Clint is one of the guys I train with and his on the team. He recently raced in the Philippines Ironman 70.3, where he won his age group. The guy did super good, well done Clint, top marks and he certainly would have beaten this wee tortoise.

I'm looking forward to the coming month, I'm back on training plan and I know it'll include some gym sessions (which I was going to do extra) and a possibility of looking for a big hit out in the Dubai marathon in January - a sub 3hour crack pre-IMSA. I'm also really looking at my diet with Sarah. We are both looking kill some weight and lean down hugely before for Xmas in prep for the big sessions in the new year and IMSA. We both feel that if we both do it, it'll make it easier for for us rather than trying to lean down individually, which is always going to be difficult.

Right talking of food I'm to have some tea.

Be safe,

Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment