Saturday, August 14, 2010

Day 5 - 15km up hill, 21km after dark, only 35km to go.

No music, with only my thoughts to run with me, today was always going to be hard, however the first run of the day was up the only hill in Beverley, Yorks all 7.5km out and then 7.5km back (which was down hill). This was hard and I have to admit that my legs are now starting to to give me some cheek for the abuse they have received over the last 5 days. The new total is 125km done in 5 days, I've only 35km to reach the total of 160km and finish the goal of running 100miles in 6 days with a rest day (Monday).

My second run of the day was done after dark and running down the seafront, I got some lovely comments like 'run forest!' and 'c'on legs eleven!' all very original and thanks. My left achilles is extremely sore and I am using my skins to sleep in tonight and I've popped the anti-flams, hoping I've not done something silly, but the session this morning up the hill was hard, so I'm keeping everything crossed. I originally only went out to run 15km, but I thought I'd try to bag the planned 21km, as I really wanted set on task. I have to admit it took all my mental strength to do so, but I'm really happy I did as it will make tomorrow a lot easier hopefully!


I'm looking forward to a couple of these once I've done this challenge.

Right I'm off to sleep, because I'm knackered, this time tomorrow I would have done this silly challenge, only 35km to go!

Here's to a steady 35km tomorrow.

Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment