Friday, August 6, 2010

Time off, food, drink and then back to running.

I've a couple of weeks of training and it was lust, but I have to admit that I did miss it. What I didn't miss was the daily grind of needing to do something, either run, bike or swim. I do however, feel that I put on weight and I know that it was under the coaches orders, but I just wasn't too happy with it, to be fair. So pretty early on I got back into my running and I have to say I've really enjoyed it.

A couple of days ago I popped across to the Planet X head offices in Sheffield to have a look around the showroom and to take my rear wheel into have my Powertap fitted. It was a funny trip to be honest, it was all a bit odd there (some of the people), however on my second trip there the day after to pick the wheel up they were completely different towards to me.

The showroom is quite cool, with all their bikes on display. I've spotted a road bike I'd like to get my hands on, so lets see what the new season will bring. If this is what PX is like I'd love to see one of the big European companies are like like Look or maybe what Trek is like, the mind spins it really does.

I'm really looking forward to the new season of training. Sarah and I are going to try a new diet to lose some weight ready for the new season, so It will be interesting to see how that works. I'm enjoying life back in the UK at the mo, but then when we gat back to Dubai is when the real work start again, so I'd like to enjoy this time for now. I'm running loads at the mo, about 150km a week and I'm really enjoying it, hopefully this will help me once I get back to structured training.

Right I'm off to bed, I've got Sarah's foster brother, Jamie and Becky's wedding tomorrow and I'm looking forward to a couple of cheeky ones with all the family ;-)

Train safely as always,

Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment