Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Day 2 - only 15km done, another 115km to go.


Oh this was a crap run, trust me, I really didn't enjoy it at all, I started early and I'd had a rubbish nights sleep, after waking up feeling hungary. I had a quick breakie and rushed straight out, as Sarah and I were traveling down to see my Mum and Dad. After about 6km I was bloody struggling, my foot was hurting and I was bonking big style. I just couldn't believe it, after running well the day before I was really thinking I was going to have to walk for a bit, eh? No chance!

You've got to be joking! I slowed my pace down, took stock and just carried on. This sort of thing can happen in a race, so you've got to be prepared and the only way to prepare is to do it in training. So, that's it for today no more running. I'm resting my foot too, as it's a little sore too, as are my legs, but they'll be fine. My shuffle also decided to play me up a bit. I've got another one off ebay coming, so hopefully that should with me before we travel back to Duabai.

So tomorrow, in order to keep to the plan for the week I've got 12km and a 15km run to do for things and then in the evening. We're staying with my sister Emma tomorrow, so it'll be nice to catch up with her and her family.

Be safe, as always.

Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment